To our amazing customers:
We have resumed dine-in services following the City of Wichita, Sedgwick County and State of Kansas guidelines, the health and safety of our guests, employees, and community are vitally important to The Kitchen. During this community and nation-wide crisis, we are continuously monitoring information from medical professionals, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), local government agencies and our internal teams to stay on top of this evolving situation.
As we navigate this uncertain landscape, it’s our honor and privilege to continue serving you. We want you to feel confident when you visit The Kitchen. So, we continue to rigorously follow all National Restaurant Association’s SERV Safe food handling recommendations to maintain our regular high standards of cleanliness. We have implemented these additional safety measures:
For our team members:
- Employee health checks upon arrival (anyone with signs of illness or been in contact with someone will not be permitted to work)
- Strict and regular handwashing procedures for staff
- Face masks
For guests we implemented many changes and already conducted group training and cleaning sessions for the new additional safety precautions.
- Redesigned floor plan and added room dividers to allow for social distancing of guests. Resulted in a 50% reduction of seating capacity.
- Maximum of 8 guests per table.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations for guests throughout the restaurant.
- Removal of all communal items from tabletops including condiments and salt and pepper.
- Eliminating check presenters.
- Disposable menus
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of tables, seats, dividers, condiments, water pitchers, hand-held devices, doors, telephones, touch screens, and other high touch surfaces.
As we work to maintain these higher standards, we respectfully ask you to follow these recommended guidelines when dining with us:
- Remain home if you or someone in your home is sick or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. We offering No-Contact Curbside Pick Up – we will be happy to serve you this way.
- Follow social distancing guidelines of 6 feet.
- Please put your mask on when entering and exiting our restaurant as well as walking about the restaurant (to the bathroom, to the server station, etc.)
During this community and worldwide pandemic, we will continue to monitor information and follow guidance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Restaurant Association (NRA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local government officials. We are optimistic that with these proactive measures, our community will be back, stronger, and better than ever. Thank you for your continued support.
Chef Natasha Gandhi-Rue